Dear Club leaders and staff,
In August 2011 the Board of Directors of the Sierra Club established a Chapter-National Relations Task Force to study the nature of the existing relationship and to make recommendations for how to build a stronger “mutually beneficial” relationship.
For the past seven months the task force has been conducting its review, including in depth interviews, conference calls, a survey and meetings with many of you. We have now prepared a draft report and recommendations that we want to share for your review and feedback. We will then review your
comments and prepare a final report and recommendations for Board consideration at its May 17 meeting.
The report includes an executive summary , and a longer full draft report. Both are attached as Word documents below. We urge all of you with an interest in this topic to read one or both documents and to send us your comments and suggestions at natchap.uservoice.com.
This comment site is set up so you can not only comment on the report’s content and recommendations, but can also comment on other reviewers’ comments. Please us this official comment site to make sure your comments are read and taken into consideration by the task force and the Board.
It's quite simple to use:
1. Go to http://natchap.uservoice.com
2. Enter your idea, or have a look around at existing ideas.
3. Once you enter an idea, you'll be asked to sign in -- you can do this with either an email address or using your Facebook or Google (Sierra Club addresses work) credentials as a single-sign-on solution. Your ideas won't appear on these social networks -- the buttons are only there to make login easier.
4. As a signed-in user, you can comment on existing ideas, or vote on them if you agree. This gives everyone a better idea of what the community feels is important.
5. You can have 10 votes or comments per month. This restriction will hopefully constrain ideas so that the best are elicited.
6. Note: This forum is 'open'. This is the only way we can accommodate the entire community.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with concerns.
We will be holding two conference calls to allow leaders and staff to discuss the report and to ask questions. These calls are for discussion and clarification, and are not a forum for filing comments.
The calls will be held on the following conference call line:
1-866-501-6174, access code 70012341892#
If you reside in an Eastern or Central time zone we encourage you to attend the call on Monday April 16 at 6 PM Eastern Time (3 PM Pacific).
If you are in the Mountain or Pacific time zones or Alaska and Hawaii we urge you to attend the call on Tuesday April 17 at 5 PM Pacific Time (8 PM Eastern).
Either call is open to any participant regardless of your location if you cannot make the call assigned to you.
You can also email questions to email@example.com and the task force will answer them. But if you want to file comments, please use the User Voice comment board mentioned above. The comment period is open until close of business April 20.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The Chapter-National Relations Task Force
Luther Dale and Bruce Hamilton, co-leads