You can now submit your reimbursement requests via email to Chapter Funding! In the past, we have only allowed requests to be submitted by regular mail. This past fall we launched a test run with the assistance and feedback of a few chapters and groups and then streamlined a few procedures and are now ready to roll it out club-wide. (Thank you, test group!) This new procedure is optional and applies to all types of 501(c)(3) and Shared Project requests: reimbursements, direct payments, newsletters, events and fundraising. We will continue to accept requests by mail if that is your preference.
Please review the following guidelines carefully and let us know if you have questions.
- You may scan and send your reimbursement and direct payment requests for 501(c)(3) and shared national project expenses to email@example.com.
- In doing so, chapter and group staff and volunteers will still be required to complete the appropriate request form as may be found on the Chapter Funding Forms and Instructions page here:http://clubhouse.sierraclub.org/administration/chapter-funding/forms/ (username: clubhouse | password: explore).
- In addition, all relevant paperwork documenting the expenses incurred or amount due must be scanned and attached &/or provided as a link within the body of your email. When accessing C3 funds held at the Sierra Club Foundation, your back-up must also illustrate the charitable &/or educational nature of your expense.
- A complete email request will contain your treasurer’s approval, the appropriate request form and relevant back-up.
In an attempt to avoid the pitfalls that may slow our ability to process your electronic requests we ask that you also please observe these guidelines:
- Please do not submit your request by email if it will require Chapter Funding to wait for additional items to arrive by mail or fax. We cannot accept partial or mixed requests, i.e., part by email and part by fax or regular mail.
Please attach all supporting documentation, including the treasurer’s permission and the completed Reimbursement & Direct Payment Request form (or other form as appropriate). We’d rather get one email that has everything we need to process it, as opposed to having to wait for a separate email from the treasurer granting approval.
- Please submit requests as new correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org, and not as a reply to a previous thread or email. ONE REQUEST PER EMAIL, PLEASE.
If possible, it is helpful to consolidate multiple pages of a single request into a single file attachment. Do this by creating a new folder with all the documents in it and then compressing it before emailing it. More information on file compression here for Macs: http://www.macinstruct.com/node/159 and here for Windows: http://www.ehow.com/how_2093605_compress-files-before-sending-them.html.
- With the roll-out of this process we are expecting to experience a significant increase in the number of emails received. Note that we generally will not reply or confirm receipt of your request unless we have a question. If you want to be sure we received it, you can always ask. In turn, we appreciate your patience in awaiting our reply.