Though the cost of my monthly bus pass thankfully doesn't vary along with the price of fuel, I loved David Letterman's timely "Top Ten" list on July 28:
10. Make all roads downhill.
9. Cheaper self-service price if you pump the oil and refine it yourself.
8. Gas comes from dinosaurs, so all we need are more dinosaurs.
7. Invade Iraq.
6. Give Cheney a sawed-off shotgun and have him stick up an Exxon.
5. Tax cuts for the rich.
4. Get Bush and the middle east to straighten everything out on Oprah.
3. Jet packs for everyone.
2. Gas only costs 12 cents a gallon in Venezuela; drive to Venezuela for gas.
1. Get tubby genius Al Gore to figure it out.
While you're waiting for those jet packs to show up, why not try out these simple tips for increasing your mileage? Less money to Exxon means more left over for you.