Read All About It
A roundup of news worth noting from the past month or so:
* A tote bag with an environmental message became a fashion must-have.
FOOD AND DRINK
* A group of locavores tried to eat local on a budget.
* Celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck announced a new green direction for his restaurants, including serving more organic and local produce, seafood from sustainable fisheries, and more humanely raised meat.
* London eco-eatery the Acorn House was named "Best Newcomer" in the annual Observer Food Monthly Awards.
* British researchers showed that organic food is better for you.
* Organic and natural pet foods got a boost from the big recall of tainted chow.
* A green taxi service--operating only hybrid and alternative-fuel vehicles--started up in San Francisco.