Hopefully you, like me, have the day off on Monday. Here's some tips for good green fun this holiday weekend:
- If your plans include a picnic, the San Francisco Chronicle suggests packing reusable (and lightweight) bamboo tableware, biodegradable forks, and recycled-paper napkins.
- Skip the lighter fluid and fire up your grill with a charcoal chimney starter.
- Take a hike! The online trail directories at American Trails, GORP, Trails.com, or TrailSource will have you enjoying the out-of-doors in no time.
- Planning a longer trip? Make sure you have the greenest gear.
- If you're hitting the road, improve your mileage by keeping your air filter clean and your tires properly inflated, driving the speed limit, minimizing the cargo you're carrying, and following our other gas-saving tips.
- How does your garden grow? A lot better with some good compost. So dig in!