On September 21, your city may have a little more green space than usual--at least for an hour or two. Sparked by the "art-ivism" of the San Francisco-based group Rebar, people around the world will be turning parking spots into temporary parks to reclaim public space from cars. Here's how to join the fun:
1. Find a vacant parking space and feed the meter.
2. Roll out a tarp and some sod.
3. Add plants, benches, and other amenities.
4. Chat with passersby and tell them about the project.
5. Clean up your site and reuse or recycle all materials.
Illustration by Josef Gast